20061006

Filmstrip cut into separate frames, multiplied, no one

A dessert of frozen goods
makes me want to fly
and ‘earth is the color
of the tortured sky,’
you said
an oak desk sits in an empty hallway
slightly askew
cries empty words
describes in veiled carvings
a heart shaped love for two
initials added together
written below
forever
and a slow parade moves outside
as no one walks by
noticing synthetic containers
blue, green, gold
hovering, chemical happiness
Cindy smiles, Sara gasps, Johnny turns
paints a pale mask
below the streets
a spoiled water flows,
goes, makes music
and no one notices the rodent
on hind legs,
motioning in the air
little signed gestures,
‘i want to see the show,
why can’t i go there?’
as the festival erupts upstairs
the dinner table rotates into view
and daddy’s face
blurs, bleeds into a plate of sausage and sauerkraut,
'our mother’s humble offering
will not go to waste,
not in this place'
and I will take mine
underneath my chair,
feeling the cool worms
travel through my hair
praying the activity above will
gray
spin down
lie
on the ground
beside me
utter,
‘this vision is all yours, little one.’

Somewhere nearby a guitar rips through the night,
wails, whines, implodes,
watches me from a distance
suggests I’m not making sense
then embraces me, breathes, 'you are home.'

No comments: