20090521

At the optometrist's

Out amongst you all today
all my energy seemed to drain away
bodies activated moving about
speaking, saying something or other
to one another
in tongues, tones, colors
i could not comprehend

then i thought
there are so many of us
cajoling about
bouncing from place to place
no real direction
fully knowing
though never showing
the futility of our
footsteps

i want to wipe away the sun
turn back time so that none of this
had ever begun
i want to burn up the night sky
and watch planes fall
to the hell below
where we dwell for show
i want to be free of my kind
once and for all
so that for once i wont feel
ashamed to speak my truth

out amongst the dying today
i saw them
the faces of the old
i saw their expressions
growing cold
i saw the distrust in their eyes
upon offering a smile
just something warm for awhile
but no
my kindness is a waste of time
but time, i fear,
is all i have

it seems i need new glasses.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know I offended you a while back by not responding to a Facebook message.
It wasn't meant as ignoring you. I simply forgot to check my account.
I know you wanted to help me.
I thank you for that.