20090513

Good cancer

I’ve been thinking about cancer. I wonder if there will ever be a cure. I would like to think so. So many people suffer from various forms of this terrible disease. It would be great if cancer just simply stopped killing, ceased expressing its destructive behavior. Wishful thinking, eh? But maybe I’m hinting at the concept of remission without fully understanding the issue – I don’t claim to be a medical doctor. These are just thoughts I’ve had recently. Just sharing. Or blogging - whatever you want to call it.

I can’t stop thinking about it, though. I imagine all these crazy things, like what if cancer not only eradicated its own destructive nature, but also promised certain benefits to one’s life? Hey, then everyone would want cancer, right? Yeah, I know. Crazy talk. It’s late.

Nonetheless, I happen to think that there are certain things in this world, of which many of us seem to be unaware, that have the inherent tendency to destroy. I guess cancer would be one of these certain things. However, unlike cancer, many of these things do not immediately appear to be dangerous. They may even appear to be good for us. I would urge you to look around, look closer at what seems to have always been there, either right in front of you, as a part of you, or somewhere in your periphery. Look at those things, ideas, concepts, beliefs. Are they destructive? Have they ever been destructive? If so, would you choose to let them remain a part of your worldview? Would you choose to have good cancer, a former killer, even if there were proof that in its current state, it was harmless and possibly even beneficial to your existence? I myself would have to pass, for past behavior is often a strong indicator of future behavior, and therefore, I feel I couldn’t trust good cancer. Sorry good cancer – I’m not a believer.

No comments: